Blog for Jobs
IT Jobs Phoenix Go Solar
Those looking for IT jobs Phoenix
may soon have the opportunity to work for one of the world's leading solar companies.
recently announced that it will build a new plant in Goodyear, a move that will create 50 new jobs. The facility, which is the company's first in North America, will eventually produce millions of square feet of solar mirrors for thermal power station technologies.
"Our strategic decision to expand manufacturing into the United States
confirms the importance of this market in our business portfolio," Fabrice Didier
Saint-Gobain Solar managing director, said in a statement. "The new
facility will be working with the best technology available."
Saint-Gobain's new plant will eventually produce enough energy each year to power the equivalent of 150,000 people. The company's efforts will save up to 320,000 tons of carbon dioxide every year, or the equivalent of 62,000 acres of forest land.
"We are grateful to the state of Arizona
which has adopted a proactive policy to encourage companies from the
solar sector to establish manufacturing plants," Alain Garnier
, director of Saint-Gobain Solar North America, said. "The
Arizona Renewable Energy Tax Incentive Program helped to encourage us to
select the state for our new plant. Following a tough selection
process, we chose to set up our plant in the Phoenix
area, in Goodyear
, where we are pleased to have been very positively received."
Saint-Gobain Solar also has a parabolic mirrors plant in Portugal and a flat mirrors facility in Germany.
Labels: IT jobs Phoenix
Physical Therapy Jobs Arizona Among Most Underrated
Those looking for physical therapy jobs Arizona
are in luck, as the profession was recently named among the most underrated in the nation, meaning the job is easier to get than most.
CareerCast.com recently released its list of the Most Underrated Jobs. Physical therapists - which were also ranked
among the list of the happiest jobs - were ranked 11th on this list for a number of factors.
CareerCast evaluated 200 professions using five core criteria, including pay, hiring outlook, work environment, stress, and physical demands. The criteria are based on data from the Bureau of Labor Statistics, Census Bureau, Occupational Safety and Health Administration, and other private studies.
The 12 most underrated jobs, along with their average income and unemployment rate for 2010, include:
- Paralegal/legal assistant - $47,000/4.6 percent
- Accountant - $60,000/5 percent
- Loan officer - $55,000/7.7 percent
- Market research analyst - $62,000/7.7 percent
- Software engineer - $87,000/4.6 percent
- Computer systems analyst - $77,000/5.9 percent
- Insurance agent - $46,000/5.4 percent
- Dietitian - $52,000/3.2 percent
- Dental hygienist - $67,000/1.2 percent
- Civil engineer - $76,000/3.9 percent
- Physical therapist - $74,000/2 percent
- Chiropractor - $68,000/2.3 percent
Labels: Physical therapy jobs Arizona
Nursing Jobs in Arizona: Specializations
Those looking for nursing jobs in Arizona (Click here
) may want to consider pursuing one of the many specialties available in this occupation.
There is a strong need for people
to fill the RN jobs Arizona
has to offer, and an even stronger need for nurses who specialize in one of many areas. Nurses can specialize in everything from the type of treatment they provide to the part of body they treat to the population they work with.
Setting or type of treatment:
- Ambulatory care - Provide preventive care and treat patients with a variety of illnesses and injuries in physicians' offices or clinics.
- Telehealth - Offer advice and care through various technologies, including videoconferences, the Internet, or telephone.
- Critical care - Treat patients with serious conditions that require close monitoring and extensive medication and therapies in critical or intensive care hospital units.
- Emergency and trauma - Diagnose and treat patients who have life-threatening conditions at hopsitals or stand-alone emergency departments.
- Holistic - Help patients achieve mental and spiritual health through acupuncture, massage and aroma therapy, and biofeedback.
- Home healthcare - Provide nursing care for patients in their home.
- Hospice and palliative care - Help terminally ill patients maintain quality of life in their home or a hospice setting.
- Infusion - Administer medications, fluids, and blood to patients through injections.
- Long-term care - Treat patients with chronic physical or mental disorders in long-term care of skilled nursing facilities.
- Medical-surgical - Provide basic medical care to patients with various medical and surgical diagnoses.
- Occupational health - Help patients prevent and treat job-related injuries and illnesses and help employers implement health and safety standards.
- Perianesthesia - Provide pre and post operative care to patients who undergo anesthesia during surgery or other procedures.
- Perioperative - Help surgeons before and during surgery by prepping patients and picking out the right tools.
- Psychiatric-mental health - Diagnose and treat patients with personality and mood disorders.
- Radiology - Provide care to patients undergoing diagnostic radiation for ultrasounds, magnetic resonance imaging, and radiation therapy.
- Rehabilitation - Help patients with temporary or permanent disabilities recover and achieve a better quality of life.
- Transplant - Care for transplant recipients and living donors.
Particular disease or condition:
- Intellectual and developmental disabilities
- Wound, ostomy, and continence
Particular organ or body system:
- Neonatology - Newborns
- Pediatrics - Children and adolescents
- Gerontology or geriatrics - Adults and the elderly
Labels: Nursing jobs in Arizona, Rn jobs Arizona